What We Do – A Departmental Overview
Below is an overview for each department explaining the roles performed.
CLICK HERE to jump down the page and see what our staff think of working at Morden College.
Health & Wellbeing
The Health and Wellbeing department supports our beneficiaries to live the independent good life. There are two teams within the Health and Wellbeing department.
- The Community Services team proactively identifies, assesses, and supports the most vulnerable in our community. The team assists our beneficiaries with their day-to-day needs whether that be support with benefits, organising social functions or arranging hospital appointments. The department includes Health & Wellbeing, Housing, Volunteering, Events, Housekeeping and Domiciliary Care. Roles within the department are extremely varied, from Events Coordinator, Minibus Driver, Health & Wellbeing Visitors and Office Administrators to Housekeepers and Domiciliary Carers.
- Our Residential Care team at Cullum Welch Court provides personal nursing and dementia care 24/7. With 32 beds, it is small enough to maintain a personalised service to its residents, yet large enough to provide the facilities required to meet their range of needs. Roles within the care services include Care Workers, Senior Carers and Care Leaders as well as Registered Nurses, Deputy Care Managers and Administrators.
The Operations department encompasses three teams.
- The Hospitality Services team provides colleagues, beneficiaries and their families with the most welcoming customer service as well as excellent-quality nutritious fresh food. Our team of friendly Hospitality Assistants and passionate Chefs look after Café 19 within the John Morden Centre, which is a vibrant space where our beneficiaries meet, eat, take part in fun events, develop and enjoy a variety of interesting hobbies. In Cullum Welch Court Care Home, the Hospitality Assistants work closely with our Carers as one team to provide a personalised service that caters for a variety of dietary needs to ensure our beneficiaries have access to a healthy and balanced diet all year round.
- The Property Services team supports the management of the College’s property portfolio with regards to all aspects of facilities maintenance including completing repairs, liaising with and overseeing external contractors, ensuring statutory compliance to property safety standards and health and safety. Roles include Property Services Managers, Health and Safety leads and Administrators.
- Our team of Gardeners look after our stunning green grounds which extend to 10 acres of land. Roles include Gardens Manager, Deputies and Gardeners.
The Real Estate department is responsible for managing Morden College’s assets. They look after tenancies and rent of both commercial and private properties. Roles available within this small and busy team vary between Facilities Support, Real Estate Managers and Real Estate Assistants.
Finance & IT
The Finance department undertakes a fundamental role in ensuring the financial wellbeing of the College’s employees and beneficiaries. Roles within the Finance team include Accountants, Financial Controller, Officers.
The IT department manages the installation and maintenance of systems, software and hardware. They support our employees with day-to-day queries as well as work on IT projects which are fundamental to ensure we keep improving the way we work and use technology.
The Human Resources team is committed to ensuring that the Charity can achieve its goals and ambitions through its most valuable resource – its people. The HR and Talent team are dedicated to sourcing the most capable and culturally aligned talent, creating an enjoyable employee experience through training, development, and support. HR looks after employee mental and physical wellbeing, promoting a culture of trust and cooperation where employees feel valued, motivated and enjoy coming to work. Roles within the HR Team include HR Officer, HR Analyst, Talent Acquisition Partner, Learning & Development Partner and Human Resources Business Partner.
Operations Administrative Assistant
General Assistant Housekeeping
Real Estate and Property Manager